SDC is proud to support people embarking on a career in construction and has an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Planner to join a team of construction planners working on some of the most prestigious and varied projects in the region.
Working on a diverse range of refurbishment and new build schemes from £1M to £70M in the education, automotive, leisure, retail and pharmaceutical sectors, the work of the Planning Department underpins the strategy of tenders and live projects by finding the most intelligent and efficient ways to deliver first class buildings.
- Creating, maintaining, and reviewing construction programmes and plans
- Dealing with external contractors and suppliers to organise the various phases of the construction programme
- Identify methodologies and sequencing that could improve the completion date
- Work closely with the construction site teams to provide accurate progress reports, reporting programme risks to the Senior Management
Skills and Experience
- Good organisation skills with a natural aptitude for planning
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Good Microsoft IT skills
- Logical approach to problem solving
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent at grades C or above (if college leaver)
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade 4/C and above, including Maths and English (if school leaver)
The successful candidate with be given the opportunity to attend a part-time construction related academic course to obtain a qualification such as an HNC, HND or a Degree, if not already qualified. This would be fully funded by the company.
You will be required to travel to sites within the Bedford / Cambridge / Oxford areas so a driving licence is essential.