SDC is recruiting a Senior Estimator for the Head Office in Bedfordshire. The new member would join an already established team of 8 Estimators.
The primary purpose of this role is to produce competitive and innovative tenders, proposing the right costs to the highest quality and accuracy. The successful candidate will need to draw on their substantial construction knowledge and consider alternative solutions and value engineering.
As a senior member of the team, the candidate will also be expected to mentor and develop junior members of the team.
- Accurate interpretation of drawings and technical specifications.
- Undertaking Take Offs.
- Pricing a diverse range of trades from first principles.
- Sub-contract tender analysis.
- Attend pre-tender interviews and post tender presentations.
- Development of Client and Consultant relations.
- Review the status of tenders and department workload with the Chief Estimator.
Skills and Experience
- The ability to communicate confidently with external and internal teams.
- Have a proven background in successfully delivering a wide range of tenders.
- Have experience of various construction methods.
- Be able to present plans clearly and accurately.
- Experience of value engineering and finding practical solutions to overcome barriers.
- Literate in Excel and Word.
- BSc/HNC in Building studies or similar.
- Chartership to MCIOB or RICS would be supported.