Safety & Quality Manager - Facades
Are you a Site Manager seeking a change of direction in your career? Or an experienced Quality Assurance Manager looking for a new challenge in the Construction sector? if so, this opportunity may be of interest.
Working as part of our Business Protection Team, we are looking for a Construction Health & Safety professional who can engage with the site teams and ensure that the Quality Management System is being used to its full potential. This role will have a particular focus on facades so good knowledge of cladding systems would be an advantage.
The role offers the opportunity to work across a diverse range of multi-million £ new build projects, ensuring that our service is consistent, meets legal requirements and exceeds customer expectations.
- Writing the safety strategy and quality checks needed for the facades/cladding system and making this available to the team
- Review the quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Work with the procurement team to ensure quality requirements are met
- Agree quality procedures in conjunction with operational site teams
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures
- Gather information, evidence and produce reports to enable effective performance monitoring
- Carry out investigations where major defects occur and produce preventative action plan
- Send quality alerts to the site teams with appropriate follow up
Skills and Experience
- To be successful at interview you would need to be able to demonstrate your understanding of construction quality management, compliance and Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of facades and cladding systems
- Experience of any ISO9001 auditing standards would be an advantage
- CSCS card
- NEBOSH Construction (preferred)
- The position requires visits to sites as required across SDCs operating area which may mean travel form Cambridge, Oxford and the surrounding areas. Full UK driving license required.