Due to career progression of the current BREEAM Coordinator, SDC is recruiting for an experienced Administrator to continue this key role within the business. Based at our Head Office in Bedford, with visits to sites as required, the successful candidate will be involved in a diverse range of projects and duties.
What is BREEAM?
BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) is a sustainability assessment method that is used to masterplan projects, infrastructure and buildings. Launched in 1990 by the Building Research Establishment (BRE), it sets standards for the environmental performance of buildings through the design, specification, construction and operation phases and can be applied to new developments or refurbishment schemes.
- Review and Input to new BREEAM tenders.
- Attending BREEAM strategy meetings at commencement of project, working closely with the Design
- Coordinator and Project Manager.
- Attending BREEAM review meetings with Assessors & Project Team.
- General BREEAM support and advice to project teams.
- Regular reviews with BREEAM Project teams to ensure the BREEAM deliverables are being met.
- Chase information to obtain credits from external consultants.
- Review and update of BREEAM Board Report, advising of and sustainability risks for Directors board meeting.
- Be willing to train and learn the Sustainability Champion Role.
- Liaising with Design Department, BREEAM Assessors and Stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of sustainability strategies.
Skills and Experience
- Basic Knowledge of construction design or the construction process.
- Good understanding and interest in sustainability assessments schemes.
- Strong administration, organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate colleagues and consultants to ensure deadlines are met.
- Full UK Driving Licence essential.
4 GCSE at Grade C / 4 or above to include Maths and English.