Assistant Quantity Surveyor
SDC is recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the team operating out of the Bedford Head Office and on sites across the surrounding areas. The primary function of this role is to provide commercial support to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and overall project team on all financial and contractual matters.
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, SDC offer ongoing training, development and a career progression plan. This is also a great opportunity to work on new build and refurbishment projects across a diverse range of sectors, and up to £3m in value.
- Assisting with the preparation of contracts, cash flow forecasts and final accounts
- Input into the procurement of key trades, working in line with the project procurement strategy
- Managing supply chain relationships through building and maintaining strong relationships
- Providing financial information for reporting purposes and attending CVR meetings
- Visiting sites to undertake measures and re-measures
- Assisting in the management and control of variations
- Value, certify and issue any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract.
- Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience of working on new build or refurbishments projects in a similar role
- Successful procurement experience
- Strong numerical and IT skills, especially MS Excel
- Experience in re-measurement of key trades packages
- Working knowledge of relevant contract conditions
- Experience of assisting cost control on construction projects
- Valid UK driving licence
- BSc/HNC in Quantity Surveying